top of page

Health & Social care Visa

The Health and social care worker visa is for medical professionals working for the NHS (or an NHS supplier), and for adult social care workers.  It is like a skilled worker visa, but has advantages like exemption from the Immigration Health Charge.

UK Health and Social Care Visas

A Health and Social Care Worker visa allows medical professionals to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job with the NHS, an NHS supplier or in adult social care.

To qualify for a Health and Social Care Worker visa, you must:

  • be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional

  • work in an eligible health or social care job

  • work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office

  • have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK

  • be paid a minimum salary - how much depends on the type of work you do

  • Have a suitable knowledge of English

Unlike most other work visas, Health and Social Care visa applicants, and accompanying dependants, do not have to pay the Immigration Health Charge.  This can be a large saving, particularly for long term visas and/or where you have a lot of family members accompanying you.

If you are an employer wanting to sponsor a Health and Social Care visa, or are a healthcare worker needing this visa, please get in touch.


bottom of page